Women Run the World is a one-of-a-kind running and fundraising event. It will virtually bring together thousands of individuals across the country to collectively run around the world to raise money for the British Heart Foundation’s life saving research.
Yes. You can run (or walk) in your local area and track your miles using fitness tracking apps like Strava or MapMyFitness, or manually during the month long virtual challenge. Your mileage is added to the group’s collective effort and automatically populates to your everydayhero fundraising page, which you can use to seek support from friends or family to help raise funds for the BHF. You run on your time, at your pace, wherever and whenever it works for you.
It’s up to you. Whether you run 1 mile, 10 miles or 1,000 miles, you set your own goal. Challenge yourself. Run often. Run happy. Run to feel good. Run to do good. The event is from 29th September – 27th October, so get out and get running. Share your runs on social media and inspire others to join the movement. Every time you log your miles, you add to our collective effort. Together, we’ll see how many times we can circle the globe to beat heartbreak forever.
Of course. No problem!
Women Run the World officially starts on 29th September. However, you can start fundraising and training any time after you register. If you connect your fitness app, your miles will populate to your fundraising page, however, we won’t start calculating collective distance until 29th September. The event will close 27th October.
It is not a requirement to fundraise, but we really hope you will – knowing you’re funding research to fight some of the nation’s biggest killers is a great reason to get moving!
When you signed up to Women Run the World, an online fundraising page with everydayhero was automatically created for you. Using this page is the quickest, simplest and safest way to fundraise. If you haven’t activated your page, you can do so via the link in the confirmation email you received when you registered.
Once your page is active, any money collected through sponsorship online will automatically come to the BHF. Easy peasy!
If you've collected cash, you can pay the money in to your own fundraising page using a credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can send a cheque (made payable to the British Heart Foundation) to:
Women Run the World.
British Heart Foundation,
2096 Coventry Road,
If you're sending a cheque please fill out a sponsorship form in the fundraising pack and tick the Gift Aid box.
If you'd like to make a payment over the phone using your credit or debit card, please call the Team on 0300 330 3322.
Our lines are open Monday - Friday 09.00 to 17.00.
Your fundraising goes directly to the British Heart Foundation to support pioneering research into the causes and treatment of heart and circulatory diseases to help ensure more people’s lives are saved.
Of course! If the great outdoors isn’t your thing and you’d prefer to hit the gym, that’s fine! Just remember to take note of how many miles you clock up each session and update the mile counter on your fundraising page.
Yes, absolutely. We encourage it! Simply navigate to the right hand side of your supporter page and select “Create Team”. Name your team and update your team page. Learn more about creating your team and adding your friends here.
A Team Leader is anyone who wants to create a team and rally their friends to join and help beat heartbreak and raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
Log in to your everydayhero fundraising page. Find the running figure under the field that allows you to post updates to your page. Once you click on the figure, you will see a window that will provide you the opportunity to fill in the details of your workout including the type, length, duration, and time. Click on the fields highlighted in green to change the content of your post. Click "Post" to see the manual workout added to your fitness totals.
- Log in to your everydayhero account.
- Enter the email address and password you registered with, then click 'Submit'
- You'll then be taken to your dashboard. From there click on your name in the top right corner, then select 'Account' from the dropdown menu
- To connect your MapMyFitness account to your everydayhero account, you'll need to click on "Manage Connections" on the right side.
- Then click on the blue 'Connect' button in the MapMyFitness section.
- All done!
View more here.
- Log in to your everydayhero account.
- Enter the email address and password you registered with, then click 'Submit'.
- You'll then be taken to your dashboard. From there click on your name in the top right corner, then select 'Account' from the dropdown menu.
- To connect your Strava account to your everydayhero account, you'll need to click on "Manage Connections" on the right side.
- Select the 'Strava' button. Then click on the orange 'Connect' button in the Strava section.
- Follow the prompts to approve the connection between your everydayhero account and your Strava account.
Learn more here.
Log In to your everydayhero fundraising page and you will see your fundraising goal near the top of the page. Simply click “Edit Fundraising Page” and you will be able to update the amount on the next screen.
- Add a profile picture (so people know it’s you!)
- Add a personal story to let everyone know why you are taking part in Women Run the World and how many miles you plan to conquer
- Post updates of your progress to keep your donors and potential donors in the loop. Write about your latest session and even take a photo of the view! You can also choose to share these updates via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Share your URL with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media – the more people you ask, the more people will donate!
everydayhero is an online fundraising platform which you can use to collect your donations. When you sign up to Women Run the World an everydayhero online fundraising page is automatically created for you. You will be asked to activate your page within your confirmation email. Once activated, you can access your page by clicking the login button above.
If you need help using your fundraising page, making a donation, or anything else everydayhero related, our dedicated support team can help you out. Check out our Sidekick Support Center website.
Not only does this help with all the technical kinds of things, it’s also got lots of tried and tested tips to help give your fundraising an extra push. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (213) 293-1133
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s Women Run the World?
- What do you mean, virtually? Do I actually run?
- How far do I have to run?
- Can I walk?
- When does the challenge start and finish?
- Do I have to fundraise?
- How will my fundraising efforts help the British Heart Foundation?
- Can I run on a treadmill?
- Can I create a team?
- What is a Team Leader?
- How do I manually log my miles on my page?
- How do I connect my MapMyFitness?
- How do I connect my Strava?
- My fundraising goal is £250 – how do I change it?
- What else can I do with my online fundraising page?
- What is everydayhero and how do I use it?
- How do I get help with my everydayhero fundraising page?